Metered street parking and surface lots are available on a first-come first-served basis throughout Downtown Denver.
Independence Plaza Parking Garage is across the street at 16th St., Arapahoe & Curtis. The entrance is off of Curtis, but you can exit on Arapahoe directly across from the tower.
Built as part of the Daniels & Fisher department store in 1910, the Daniels and Fisher Tower was the tallest building between the Mississippi River and the state of California at the time of construction, at a height of 325 feet. The building was designed by the architect Frederick Sterner and modeled after The Campanile (St. Mark's Bell Tower) at the Piazza San Marco in Venice, Italy. The 20-floor clock tower has clock faces on all four sides. May Company purchased Daniels & Fisher in 1958, and the store vacated the tower. When the store was demolished (ca. 1971), the tower was saved and renovated into residential and office space in 1981. A 2½ ton bell occupies the top two floors of the building, above the observation deck.
The tower was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 3, 1969.
Denver Violins is overjoyed to be a part of this fabulous History!